What We're Learning
- Project Plan: Provides an overview of the project.
- Research Plan: The document explains the background, approach, research goals and activities of the project.
- Sprint 1: Lived Experience Research Aug 28 - Sept 8: Documents our early learnings gleaned from pop-up sessions with service providers.
- Sprint 2: Sleeping at the ARCH Sept 18- Oct 27: Summarizes and explains learnings of sleeping at the Austin Resource Center for the Homeless.
- Homelessness Advisory Council of Austin: Elaborates on the purpose and learning sessions conducted with individuals with lived experience of homelessness.
- Research Insights: An overview of insights obtained from our six months of research, interviews, and observations.
Share Out Sessions
The iTeam shared their research findings in two different sessions with City Staff and Community Partners. This presentation summarizes 6 months of research and brings to life the voices of those with lived experience of homelessness.
The goal of the presentation is to help those who are not familiar with the topic be more informed about homelessness. We hope that people left with a better understanding of the challenges of homelessness, have increased empathy for people experiencing homelessness, and feel inspired and informed to take action. For those whose day job is related to homelessness, we wanted to inspire and prompt people to think about the challenges in a new way and give people time and space to reflect.