Design, Technology, and Innovation Projects

Below are a summary of the activities that we have conducted with the group since its inception. The participants meet twice a month for two hours and are compensated for their time.

I need Money:

Social Security Office
  • Suite B, 5508 US-290 (south Austin). Tel: 800 772-1213
  • 1029 Camino La Costa (north Austin). Tel: 866-627-6991
Goodwill Employment Services

Provides employment services and counseling to people looking for work. This is not just for jobs at Goodwill.

  • 512-637-7580
  • Goodwill Community Center (GCC): 1015 Norwood Park Blvd
  • Rosewood Job Help Center: 2001 Rosewood Ave., Bldg-B #2101
  • Goodwill Resource Center (GRC): 6505 Burleson Rd., Austin TX 78744
  • Goodwill intake specialists are available at the following downtown locations:
  • ARCH/Front Steps, Lakinia: 512 537 7490
  • Salvation Army, Chris: 512 649 8771
Centex Personnel Services

Provides temporary employment placement to r individuals seeking work

  • 8130 N Lamar Blvd. Tel: 512-491-WORK (9675)
DARS (Department of Assistive & Rehabilitative Service for individuals with SSDI)

Provides services to Texans who are disabled and to families with children who have developmental delays.

  • 4800 N Lamar Blvd. Tel: 800 628-5115
Social Security Administration

Provides Disability Determination Services

  • 1-800-772-1213
First Workers Day Labour Center

Provides short term labor jobs to people seeking work

  • 4916 I-35, Austin, TX 78751. Tel: 512-972-4100

I need Coordinated Assessment (CA)

If you are living outside, in a car, or in an emergency shelter, a Coordinated Assessment is the first step to addressing your housing needs. It is a 28 question housing needs survey that will connect you to housing solutions.

For questions about Coordinated Assessment call 2-1-1
  • 512 234 3630
Sandra Joy Anderson Clinic
  • 1705 East 11th Street
  • Monday - Tuesday 9 AM - 4 PM
Goodwill of Central Texas
  • 1015 Norwood Park Blvd
  • Wednesday - Friday 9 AM - 4 PM
The Southeast Health and Wellness Clinic
  • 2901 Montopolis Drive
  • Monday - Friday 9 AM - 4 PM
Trinity Center
  • 304 East 7th Street
  • Monday - Friday 9 AM - 1 PM (Mondays & Tuesdays are women only)

I need Food

Food Stamps Office (SNAP)

Offers food help to low-income individuals and families.

  • 1601 Rutherford Ln. Tel: 512-339-8868
Social Security Office:

Social Security can help you with applying for Social Security benefits, including Retirement/Spouse, Medicare, Disability, and Supplemental Security Income (SSI), getting a Social Security number or a replacement card

  • B, 5508 US-290 (south Austin). Tel: 800 772-1213
  • 1029 Camino La Costa (north Austin). Tel: 866-627-6991

I need Shelter:

Salvation Army

Provides shelter and other services to women, families, and men

  • 501 E 8th St, Austin. Tel: 512-476-1111

Provides shelter and other services to men

  • 500 E 7th St. Tel: 512-305-4100

Provides shelter and other services to young adults

  • 3700 S 1st St. Tel: 512-735-2100

Provides shelter to women, children, and young adults

  • Call: 512-267-SAFE (7233)
  • Text: 737-888-7233
Caritas (refugee resettlement)

Provides housing and other services to women, families, and men

  • 611 Neches St. . Tel: 512-479-4610

I need Medical Help:

Integral Care (including PES - Psychiatric Emergency Services)

Provides health and disability services to individuals in Travis County

  • 512-472-HELP (4357)
  • 844-398-8252
Ariel at ARCH Clinic

Provides mental health counseling at the ARCH

  • 512 978 9988
CommunityCare Clinics

Provides healthcare for people without insurance

  • ARCH location. Tel: 512-978-9920
  • 1313 Red River St #100. Tel: 512-978-9610
  • 211 Comal St. Tel: 512-978-9200

Provides safety for people affected by domestic violence, and sexual assault and exploitation Call: 512-267-SAFE (7233) OR Text: 737-888-7233

HEB Pharmacy

A place to get your medical prescriptions 512-478-8086 - East Austin 512-442-1578 - South Austin 512-459-8308 - North Austin (24 hours)

I need help with Substance Use

24-hour Crisis Hotline

A crisis hotline run by Integral Care. They are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

  • 512-472-HELP (4357)
    Press 1 for English, then 1 for mental health crisis support.
OSARs (Outreach, Screening, Assessment, and Referral Centers)

Provides help for people seeking substance use disorder treatment services

  • Dial 2-1-1
  • 877-541-7905
Central Texas Area of Narcotics Anonymous

Provides support and community for people who want to stop using drugs

  • Helpline: 512-480-0004
  • Linea De Emergencia las 24 Horas: Español: 888-600-6229
LifeWorks street outreach (youth)

Is a drug and alcohol addiction rehab center

  • 512-735-2400

Provides free legal services to people who are unable to afford the fees of attorneys in private practice

  • 800-369-9270
  • 512-374-2700

Provides help to individuals and families for legal matters

  • 512-476-5550